McClatchy Interactive Job Openings
McClatchy Interactive Job Openings
McClatchy Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory pre-employment drug test results. Interested persons should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.
The McClatchy Company is a leader in local information and classified services on the Web and in print and helps Internet and newspaper consumers obtain the most accurate, up-to-date and relevant local information and services. McClatchy Interactive develops tools and applications that help drive traffic and ecommerce services to the newspaper Internet properties of the McClatchy Company, the nation's third-largest newspaper publisher, and assists in the management of the organization's partnerships with CareerBuilder and Classified Ventures (Cars.com, Apartments.com, and HomeFinder).
McClatchy Interactive is in search of Member Services Representative(s) who have experience with Customer Service Call Centers, Inbound and Outbound Sales and eCommerce applications to join our team at our Raleigh facility. They will assist with routine and some out of the ordinary customer queries. They will track each record and follow through on customer inquires which require additional investigation in a timely manner. Work with limited daily supervision, referring unusual problems to a senior customer support representative or a direct supervisor. They will have daily routines which require good judgment and will follow documented processes for managing various customer scenarios. This position is required to sell, transfer, provide information, and offer assistance on all aspects of newspaper services to potential and current customers by telephone, and email. This person should be able to work in changing and sometimes stressful conditions. Typically, applicant has three or more years experience in customer support, and two or more years in sales (both inbound and outbound.)
At McClatchy Interactive, the opportunity for career advancement is outstanding. In exchange for your hard work, we offer:
- Monthly bonus potential for meeting sales goals
- Raises based upon your performance
- Professional development opportunities
- Coaching and feedback to help you further develop your skills
- Effectively handle and resolve advertiser support and technical support issues in a timely manner.
- Communicate with Manager Client Services Manager about customer complaint trends and determine whether a bug should be filed.
- Complete designated processes for billing procedures, communication with external teams and communicating with third party partners.
- Escalate member concerns/issue to Client Services Supervisor quickly.
- Collaborate with other customer service organizations to resolve customer questions and cross-train on specific topics.
The above list of duties and responsibilities is intended to describe the overall nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. The list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills that may be required of individuals in this position. Successful candidate will also have a solid knowledge of Internet, E-Commerce technologies and be able to adapt to new technology and changes.
- Excellent customer service and sales skills required.
- Ability to continuously learn and retain knowledge of new services and promotions being offered by the company.
- Ability to learn and execute marketing/selling techniques.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills including excellent time management, listening and people skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, aligned with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively execute conflict resolution techniques.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly demanding and high stress work environment.
- Ability to multitask.
- Must be flexible to work between 9:00 a.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, basic math, reading, writing, and organizational skills and problem solving capabilities with strong initiative.
- Must have pleasant personality and telephone manner and be capable of working independently.
- Strong critical thinking and problem resolution skills with a "can do" attitude.
- The ability to adapt well to change.
- Familiarity with applicable local, state and federal regulations.
- Experience in Customer Service at a high traffic Internet company preferred.
- Solid computer, grammar and multi-tasking skills.
- Typing speed of 40 WPM.
- Bachelors degree preferred, or equivalent experience in related discipline.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) must be able to read and write.
- Minimum of two year sales experience preferred with a proven ability to sell.
- Previous industry and/or call center experience, required.
- 1 year front end development experience with basic knowledge of the following
HTML, CSS, and Javacript.
McClatchy Interactive is seeking a Product Manager to drive the advancement of digital video programs across the McClatchy Company. This role will be responsible for managing the lifecycle of digital video on web, mobile and tablet for McClatchys thirty newspaper properties. The ideal candidate is both strategic and detail-oriented, has proven product management experience, and is equally comfortable working with content producers, designers, developers and revenue managers in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Operate as McClatchys video strategist, working with key stakeholders to help define the product vision and roadmap, with particular emphasis on audience growth and brand development.
- Compile, synthesize and help rank business requirements.
- Translate business requirements into detailed product requirements and lead cross-functional teams through design, development, release and maintenance.
- Work with internal analytics team to define, spec and run A/B and multi-variant tests.
- Partner with User Experience Manager to conduct video centric focus groups and analysis.
- Provide clear and consistent project status updates to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with McClatchy Interactives training department to create programs that educate and champion the practical use of video content.
- Team with revenue stakeholders to assess and increase the ROI of video content.
- Analyze and articulate emerging technologies and market trends.
- BS/BA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business or similar field preferred.
- 3-5 years digital product management experience, preferably with a focus in online news or video.
- 3-5 years experience writing product requirements and managing project details in a fast paced web environment.
- Experience working with development teams practicing agile methodology.
- Experience successfully leading cross-functional teams with representation from editorial, design, development, sales, operations and business.
- Experience defining and running usability tests, A/B tests, and multi-variant tests.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to tailor presentations and updates to meet audience needs.
- Self-motivated, able to proactively work toward a goal independently.
- Must be solution and team oriented with the ability to build trust and influence others.
- Prior online advertising work experience preferred.
- Prior experience with Content Management Systems and Online Video Product/Management tools preferred.
McClatchy Interactive has an immediate opening for a highly skilled and motivated Mobile Product Owner to help manage the development and deployment of McClatchy digital news applications and products to all mobile platforms.
The Mobile Product Owner is responsible for transforming business requirements into detailed, high-quality technical specifications. This position will be a liaison between the Director of Mobile Initiatives and the mobile development team. A deep understanding of mobile technologies and the changing mobile marketplace is essential in executing all required duties.
Other requirements of the role include:
- Serve as a mobile product expert, coordinating requirements and actions across multiple teams.
- Collaborate with technical, creative and business stakeholders to ensure timely and relevant product implementations.
- Work with our cross-functional mobile team and have full understanding of engineering, user experience, analytics, project management, QA, and how these areas interact and work together.
- Work with the mobile team to establish and adhere to clear project plans, timelines, resources, milestones, etc. and help ensure timely and accurate completion of projects.
- Work with customer support to identify, diagnose, and resolve live app issues as they arise.
- Write technical feature requirements in ticket tracking system for delivery in an Agile development environment.
- Collaborate with vendors to either provide or supplement mobile product offerings.
- Minimum 2-years experience as a product manager/owner.
- Proven mobile product management and/or development experience preferred.
- Passion and knowledge of mobile and tablet technologies. Continuous self-initiated learning is a necessary skill.
- Experience writing formal business & technical requirements and documentation for iOS and Android applications.
- Experience leading cross-functional efforts and working closely with UX, analytics, user research, visual designers, development teams, and business stakeholders.
- An effective and persuasive communicator who can contribute to or lead effective meetings and engage diverse audiences.
- Previous experience in completing projects using Agile methodologies such as scrum..
- Ability to understand technical complexities in order to assess feasibility vs. innovation..
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field
Previous experience in digital advertising in media/publishing required. Previous experience in DFP Legacy or Premium, or digital ad-delivery tools required. Previous experience in the digital programmatic/monetization space required. High proficiency in Word, Excel/pivot tables, and PowerPoint. Excellent communication and teamwork skills required. Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment. Must able to work under fluorescent lights.
This job resides in Raleigh, NC.
Yield Optimization Specialist is responsible for partnering with sales, Digital Revenue, and Ad Operations to maximize revenue generated by McClatchys digital properties. This position requires a strong background in ad technology, data analysis and a general understanding of the entire ad-industry ecosystem. This individual should be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities while still managing to pay close attention to detail. Responsibilities include:
- Execute and oversee day-to-day yield management of all our indirectly sold inventory, including exchanges, networks, RTB and data monetization partners.
- Identify areas for revenue growth potential and new monetization strategies.
- Oversee inventory management and forecasting, pricing, and yield optimization to maximize revenue.
- Manage ongoing network partner relationships -- identify partners, setup and deploy tests, and optimize.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on all aspects of the campaign processes, RTB, exchanges, ad networks, and campaign management.
- Deploy and optimize indirect campaigns in ad server (DFP) and SSPs.
- Manage block lists and all channel sales conflicts.
- Recommend, refine and develop new reporting for Digital Revenue and Ad Operations..
- In addition, partner with and act as backup for Engineering and Inventory, and other activities related to Ad Operations troubleshooting local market ad issues, financial audits, vendor vetting, vendor testing and other duties as assigned. Some off-hour work may be required.
- Contribute to ad tech development efforts including tagging and infrastructure projects.
- 2-5 years of experience monetizing indirect revenue for a media company. Provide achieved revenue growth.
- Analytics experience with direct, indirect, remnant, audience, and performance advertising.
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel (Pivot tables, etc.) and other data analysis tools.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in online advertising / sales operations (ad serving system, sales process and inventory - DFP preferred).
- Direct experience in online ad serving with rich media, ad trafficking, and network solutions. Experience with 3rd party tags and custom creatives is a plus.
- Experience with Google products (email, chat, documents, calendars, etc.) is preferred.
- Highly detail oriented; ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work highly collaboratively with all levels of employees and management.
- A mature, self-motivated, and creative individual with a positive and professional attitude.
- High capacity to operate effectively and accurately within a constantly changing environment.
- Excellent communication and customer-service skills.
McClatchy Interactive creates, deploys, and maintains software that powers over seventy periodical Web sites, including miamiherald.com, charlotteobserver.com, and newsobserver.com (Raleigh, NC). All of the Web sites are hosted and monitored in enterprise-class data centers.
Additionally, McClatchy Interactive supports all of the Web sites with hands-on technical training, consulting services, and 24/7 customer service.
A technical writer at McClatchy Interactive researches, designs, creates, edits, updates and manages technical documentation for software products and technical procedures. The technical writer will solicit input from subject matter experts throughout the company as well as reviewing design documentation and reference hands-on experience using the software products. The technical writer is responsible for producing and updating software user documentation including release notes, online help text, technical manuals and reference materials. The technical writer is also responsible for internal technical documentation as required for each product and in support of efficient development processes. Reporting to the department manager, the technical writer must be passionate about empowering our user base through timely, accurate product information as well as learning and documenting new technologies.
- Update/create product documentation and release notes regularly.
- Produce and maintain electronic documents for application end users.
- Produce and maintain in-product help content.
- Obtain user feedback on documentation.
- Maintain relevant areas of the companys intranet, extranet and wiki.
- Assist product trainers with content for training program.
- Devise new ways to deliver information to those who need it, when and where it is needed.
- Organize & prioritize duties in relation to department goals.
- BA or BS in technical communication, computer science, related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three plus years researching and writing software and/or hardware-related documentation.
- Experience authoring documents in Structured FrameMaker or comparable electronic publishing software; working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Word and image capture and manipulation software.
- Experience authoring content in Confluence.
- Experience working in an Agile environment as part of a team or as a resource for a team.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to understand objectoriented languages, the concepts behind databases, Web-based technologies and IT administration.
- Demonstrated ability to write with clarity, accuracy, and consistency for appropriate audience.
- Demonstrated commitment to work collaboratively with a wide range of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience using document templates, style guides, and writing standards.
- Experience managing a multi-departmental Confluence installation .
- Experience with JIRA or similar bug tracking system.
- Experience with Subversion, Git or similar source code repository.
- Previous programming experience a plus.
The McClatchy Interactive team has an immediate opening for a Market Services Software Support Analyst to work in our mobile domain. This position is with the fastest growing part of Nation's third-largest newspaper company, their online news. The responsibility for this position includes working with our Newspaper affiliates providing a combination of technical support and software maintenance for the Company's mobile products and web services, and how they integrate with third party smartphone and tablet apps.
- Track work through ticket and project management tools.
- Troubleshoot mobile issues, debug software, and code solutions.
- Assist newspaper staff in the use of our mobile products and best practices.
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team.
- Deploy apps to Google Play or Apple iTunes store as needed.
- Demonstrate solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Serve as on-call support when assigned.
Bachelors degree in computer science or related field is required or equivalent combination of education and experience that provided the necessary background and skills to accomplish responsibilities. Ideal candidate is interested in working in technical support and software management, specifically in the mobile domain. Dependable, professional demeanor, and strong communication skills are required.